Thursday 14 April 2011

The most random funniest two days of my life!!!

Okay, I have gotten to the internet cafe because I have to have to have to have to blog about the last 2 days....the past two days have been the funniest, most random days ever!!

Okay so the begin, we were woken up at 5:30 am in Lukla to get on our flight, and we're still pretty buggered from the previous night....we get to the airport and as I mentioned in the previous blog, I pretended to be security and asked ppl for their VIP access tickets, which was pretty funny. Then we line up for the flight and I break out into a loud rendition of the Lion King's "In the Jungle" much to the delight of Dave and the Kiwis.....so we fly back to Kathmandu and get into our tourist taxi van and start driving back to the hotel....at some point I decide to start informing ppl out the window that I've been kidnapped against my will and watch in delight as people are genuinely shocked and unsure of what to do...good laughs.

So we get back to the hotel around 8:30 am and are unable to sleep, so we figure we may as well just have breakfast beers and breakfast, so we do that...we end up sitting around the restaurant in our courtyard for a good 6 hours just having coffee, beer, food, and great conversation with our new German friend Marleen; at one point Pete and Rebecca (the Kiwis from our tour) walk by, and Pete is wearing these awesome short shorts so Dave and I start talking about how awesome his thighs look which makes him feel a bit awkward and they take off for their massages....

we then decide to head to a cool Israeli restaurant called OR2K for lunch and a few drinks....this ends up taking a few hours and is highly enjoyable...then we decide to go for massages, as I promised Dave I would pay for his massage since he never had one....we pick a spot and go inside....all is well for the hour long massage until we both realize this isn't a normal massage parlour....so yeah those massages ended up costing a bit more and lead to some awkward conversation afterwards..oops ha ha... so after the massage we head back to the hotel to meet up with our tour group and head out for our last group dinner.

We get to dinner and Dave had bet me I couldn't get Pete to eat off my fork at some point during the dinner....I didn't get him to eat off the fork, but I did hand feed him popcorn early on, so that made for a partial satisfaction of the bet.....so dinner wasn't that great, but the banter was hilarious as we kept making reference to Pete's great thighs and kept trying to take sneaky photos of them...Then dinner finishes and we get outside and still get some hilarious photos such as this beauty...





Pete took it pretty well and was a good sport about it all....so after dinner we head back to the hotel and decide to shave moustaches....yesssss....We then head out to the Shisha lounge for some internet and some shisha and beers....which turns into a pretty wild time as well....at one point Dave decides to smoke shisha, our cigar, and a cigarette simultaneously....and then I lend out my sweet cap to our server and get him to walk around serving ppl in it...all in all a pretty sweet night. We then stop by a supermarket to get a beer, and find for only 9 dollars we can buy 3 packs of cigarettes, several bags of chips, beer, and water...we don't even smoke but Dave makes the remark that he's losing money by not smoking...classic Dave ha ha. We then return to the hotel and find a giant cleaning trolley and in one last act of mischief and torture to our kiwi friends we decide to put the trolley in front of their door for when they wake up he he he...oh poor Kiwis but we love them. That recapped a 16 hour day of drinking and debauchery

So we awaken the next day which is Nepalese New Years and this is where things get really whacky....first I spent over $30 on a stupid phone call to Etrade trying to sort out my account that is suspended, pretty frustrating stuff. We then decide to take a taxi to get a bus ticket to Pokhara...well the taxi driver takes us to where the locals get these dodgy mini buses and right away some guys he conveniently knows start touting and trying to force us to buy bus tickets..we also find out that the more reliable tourist buses are actually close to our hotel and nowhere near where we've been taken to..damn! So we decide to start shopping around and I find this amazing Tshirt and I haggle it down to 4 dollars...yes!!!! Here's a pic of it as well as my dirty stache...look at the awesomeness and swagger!!

We then try and find Dave a sweet tshirt and as we're walking some Nepalese kid starts bothering me for money and I politely decline...then all of a sudden he drops down and latches on to my leg and won't let go ha ha ahhhhh...this totally freaks me out and Dave turns around and sees this kid holding on to my leg as I'm trying to kick him off so Dave pulls him off and I'm like we gotta get the eff out of here now! So we turn around and start leaving the area and then the kid starts chasing me so I'm running away which is quite the site to see...finally I lose the kid and we continue walking back to our hotel...at one point we come across a big street brawl which we observe for a bit and then continue on our way.....at another point of our walk, we find cows standing in the middle of the road blocking traffic...at this point, I figure I gotta show off my sweet t shirt and I hop into the street next to the cattle and get this beauty taken....
And I'd like to point out that's a fairly major street and there's a lot of traffic!...fun times

So we then get back to our hotel drop off some stuff and decide to buy Marleen a present so she can be part of our sweet group....we get her a toque and then hang out waiting for her as the specified meeting time, but she doesn't show...we think we've been snubbed again (she had promised to meet us twice in the previous days and didn't show up ha ha) So we head back to OR2K and hang out...have some food and drink and then she shows up...we give her the present and we are now the Three Best Friends that Anyone Could Have! (from the movie the Hangover)

Look at us and our awesomeness.

So after OR2K we head back home and decide on our New Years Eve plans..we decide on some hotel party, so we prep for that....Dave and I decide to take as many photos as possible with moustached men, and we even start our own moustache club....great times...we found this sweet street vendor and let him join our group.














So we hop in a cab and head off to this party and during the taxi ride I start taunting out the window, inviting individuals to our moustache club and telling others that they've been rejected due to lack of moustache.....I also inform some ppl that I've been again kidnapped against my will and get the usual funny stares. So we get to the party and find double vodka red bulls are only 5 dollars...that's a win for us.....we rock out to some awesome djs and also enjoy the fact that out of probably 300 to 400 ppl there are only 10 white ppl, the rest Nepalese...greaaaat times, we were hits....we also decided earlier the previous day that we enjoy chef hats and thus decided to get photos with them....our new profession! On top of that we also decide to start photographing pictures with other moustached men at the party, as well as continuing on with our funny tradition of sniffing random girl's hair lol








 

Look at that great stache...the chefs of course he he. We then decided to get our free buffet meal, which was pretty exquisite and we figured we were really going to get our moneys worth as you can see from this photo!

So this is the time in the night where we really start to get loose and decide to start exploring the side doors of this hotel....we end up wandering into the kitchen then make our way into some storage areas...


we then find a locker room and investigate that...where I find a pair of purple socks and decide that they would go well with my shirt and sunglasses lol....so I take the sweet purple socks...here they are...


 Then Dave finds a sweet chef apron which he also models quite well...
 

then we find some random elevator and take a few lifts in it, not knowing where it's going....then someone catches us and asks us to stop wandering around ha ha....oh wow.




At this point we figured why not jump up on the stage and hang out with the DJs since the security was so lax here...so here's some hilarious photos of us joining the party up on the stage...the DJs didn't seem to mind ha ha so surprising.



So after this stunt, the place is closing down so we decide to try and find an after party...our taxi takes us to some Reggae Bar where we proceed to constantly try and get on the speakers and start dancing..the security didn't like us doing that so the one guy would come running over to my speaker and ask me to get off, meanwhile Dave would be jumping up on the other speaker and then the security guard would run over to his speaker and get him off, while i would jump up on the other one...back and forth...hilarious...

.then that place shuts down so we come outside and somehow convince a rickshaw driver to drive all three of us to another after party....we end up at some hotel and find a massive catwalk there, which would have been used for some sort of fashion show...this gives us an idea of course...but first I introduce myself to the locals by doing a bunch of somersaults over the grassy area, and all of a sudden 5 Nepalese dudes come running over and tell me I'm crazy and start chatting me up...we make friends with these guys, and are chilling out when Dave and I decide it's time to start doing our fashion show....at this point we go back and forth modeling such things as water bottles, old newspapers, flowers, shrubs, and the real killer was this hilarious plastic bag that I found on one of the speakers...these pictures just tells the story of our night ha ha ha oh wow.....








So after this we then decide we're going to jump up on the stage at this party and hang out with the DJ who ends up being the DJ from the previous party ha ha ha.....so finally that party shuts down and we head back for the night....wow what a night..so much fun

So we get back to the hotel and to cap off the night we sit down for a bit and start chatting with some Czech fellow who tells us his life story about how he came to Nepal to meet up with a girl and how she crushed him and that he was quite upset....it was a very long winded story and when he got to the part about him being quite sad Dave had passed out and was loudly snoring...soooo bad but still hilarious...very fitting end to the night

That's about it for now..heading off to Pokhara tomorrow for some relaxing times and some crazy street festival...woop woop.

later!

No comments:

Post a Comment